NoelleAndressen.com

Noelle Andressen, actress and artist. Experience the raw Hollywood journey.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Meeting Garry Marshall

I wanted to get away from all the heaviness my blog has been containing lately and share this delightful and lighthearted story about meeting Garry Marshall. You may remember him as director of Pretty Woman, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, etc. I'd been dying to meet Mr. G. since, gosh, I was a kid and hooked on his shows. As you can tell from my other posts, I was a TV/movie junkie. Hey, how better to understand what works--watching the masters of the craft is how.

First I need to say that he's just a sweet heart. Here's my tale....

We bought tickets and saw an incredible performance. After the play everyone met in the lobby. There were so many news reviewers and such, at the time I didn't recognize any of them, but now having been exposed to this crowd I learned that they were really important and could make or break this production.

Anyhow, I saw out of the corner of my eye a gray haired gentleman. I asked my hubby, is that Mr. G? Sure enough it was. We introduced ourselves and he was so thrilled to see a young boy, our son at the play. We spoke, but only for a brief moment, but you can tell this man is integral.

It turned out that we were able to submit our script: "Billion Dollar Bride" to him to read. We didn't have a writing agent at the time so we went it alone through our production company. He's not able to do it, but hey, who knows what can happen?

It's just too funny because 2 years ago when we wrote the script we had Mr. G. in mind to direct. We were still in Vegas at the time and didn't know how we'd get this script to him. One of his past co-producers from Pretty Woman told us we wouldn't get within 10 yards of Mr. G.--really? This was totally coincidental, or was it?

I don't know, but the way things have been orchestrated in our lives, nothing seems coincidental to me anymore. There is a master plan here, and I just know we're on the brink of something really great. Call it kismet or faith or something. But all the extreme bad that has happened to us from my breast cancer (and a lot of other extreme crap) has to at some point be balanced out by extreme good. Maybe we got all the crappy stuff out of the way?? Let's hope.

While our success (we've had some success with our Emmy noms for our doc., but I'm talkin' about SUCCESS being able to get all our projects funded) has always been only slightly out of our grasp, just missing by a frustrating uuuuggghh--this succession of near misses is a sign of what's yet to come, good things.

Anyway, we adore you Mr. G. and I still want to be under your wing as an actress someday. Wait for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home